- Place documents in boxes. Need boxes? Let us know.
- Schedule a pickup day/time.
- Depending on document location, building layout and access complexity, allow 30 minutes per 50 boxes for pick up.
- Scanned files to be delivered on flash (thumb) drive or external hard drive (included)
- Originals are stored at our storage facility for 2 months. Let us know if you need more time.
- After storage period, originals can be A) returned to client or B) shredded upon request (certificate of destruction provided)
- Payment terms: Net 30 after delivery of scanned files. Credit Cards accepted.
- Project minimum: $375
Bluepoint will provide all services needed to transfer your documents into electronic format.
Prescanning preparation included
- staples, paperclips are removed from each document - pages arranged and 'straightened' for scanner feeding
Scanner settings are manually or automatically adjusted for the optimal imaging output:
- Document size - from post-it note to 11 X 17 - Black&white/grayscale/color - Non-feedable pages - damaged pages, sticky notes attached, wrinkled, etc - Scanned image quality constantly monitored by operator - Output format: PDF, TIFF, JPG
- Image files named after document descriptor (client name, file code, address, etc) - Separate index file with single or multiple fields provided - Ability to extract information from any location of the page
"Optical Character Recognition" is the parsing method used to recognize characters/words within a scanned image and create electronic editable files. The main purpose of OCR is to make a scanned document searchable or editable. SmartImaging offers two levels of OCR service:
Level 1 OCR (no manual verification) - relies on document quality - worst for manual writing, faded/old or faxed documents - best for laser-generated printouts, text books, published articles - very cost effective - typical output formats: Adobe PDF
Level 2 OCR (with manual verification) - operators will manually correct errors (ambiguous interpretations) of the OCR process - close to 100% accuracy - higer cost - typical output formats: Word, TXT, Excel
- Flash Drive, CD, DVD, FTP, external Hard Drive - upload to client's FTP or download from Bluepoint's FTP servers - posting to client's online interface or Document Management System
Bluepoint provides Large Format Scanning Services of architectural, mechanical, construction and engineering drawings.
Using high-end Contex wide format scanners, Bluepoint offers a high quality and low cost large format imaging solution:
- pre-scanning document preparation
- C, D, E Sizes
- file naming/indexing
- TIFF or PDF output format
- delivery on DVD or external USB hard drives
Regular Storage Box (15" long) - FULL ....... 2,200 pages
Large Storage Box (24" long) - FULL ........ 3,400 pages
Vertical File Drawer (25" deep) - FULL ........ 2,800 pages
Lateral File Drawer (30" wide) - FULL ........ 4,500 pages